Monday, November 1, 2010

•the early bird gets the gummies•


After our Annie's organic bunny snacks ran out last night, the things we found to reward late-coming trick-or-treaters would have been more heartily appreciated by Freecycle. The options for the gaggle of Lady Gagas and Freddy Kruegers?
1980s cat and bat Pez dispensers.
Peppermints and root beer barrels from Christmases past.
Microwave popcorn.
Crystal Light "On the Go!" packets.
Halls' hard candy (tangerine flavor).
A single serving of Taster's Choice.
Dry roasted peanuts, courtesy of Southwest Airlines.
A single jelly bean.
A small package of crackers.
A brazil nut.
A walnut.
A piece of Trident gum.
"I call Trident!" I heard one kid exclaim. "Weird..." said another, and still another stood in the doorway, saying "this Pez is empty. It's empty." Poor thing kept repeating "empty" to my husband, in the vain hope he would produce... something for her pains? Although everyone selected something from the mix (and some even smiled), approximately zero found the assortment as amusing as we did.

xox
p.s. Our plan for next year? Fill the bowl with Emergen-C and Celestial Seasonings.

5 comments:

  1. I thought this was hilarious the first time I read it, but then when Brian got home, I made him read it too, and I laughed even harder the second time I read it (Brian laughed just as hard).

    The item I'm most curious about: Why do you even HAVE a packet of Crystal Light? The other things are vaguely (very) imaginable in your house, but that one... Move-out weekend is the only possible explanation I can come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally move-out weekend! I grabbed up an opened box of Countrytime Lemonade powder packets, because a dear friend of mine once guffawed that she and her husband loved to mix that with vodka whilst camping. :) Imagine my dismay when I got home and found it was full of... Crystal Light! I think there was a single packet of Countrytime, and while I'd planned to surprise my vodka-campin' friend with a goofy gift, the single packet is kinda lame. That is why Crystal Light was present, and thank goodness it was. It definitely filled out the bowl. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious!

    I'm imagining the look on the parent who saw the single serving of Taster's Choice.

    Hmmm... camping cocktails...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much as you have been willing to share information with us. We will forever admire all you have done here because you have made my work as easy as ABC. affordable cbd gummies

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love visiting sites in my free time. I have visited many sites but did not find any site more efficient than yours. Thanks for the nudge! full spectrum

    ReplyDelete